Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching Up

Hello everyone....I realize it's been a long time since I updated the blog.  I have been doing well and been taking advantage of this respite from chemo.

After being kept from cruising in late January, I continued to be on medication and recuperating for at least another month into late February. Had my regular amyloid evaluation on Feb. 27 and 28th with the usual array of tests and procedures.  Figures were still stable, so I had another six weeks until I went back on April 10th. Numbers are still "pretty stable", so I've been given another six weeks off. I know at some point the numbers are going to continue to creep up (as they have been) until the doctors are going to have to recommend another treatment. But for now, I will enjoy my life for each six week increment!

The biggest news is the birth of our sweet new grandson, Jackson Campbell Walker, son of Sarah and Matt. He arrived on March 14 and we were his first visitors at 4 hours old.  I've been able to drive in to Boston at least once a week to give Sarah a hand and spend some time with her and Jackson.

Steve and I went to Sanibel Island in Florida for a week and went to the Red Sox last home game of spring training at the new stadium in Fort Myers.  A fun time.  Sanibel is beautiful and I recommend it! Warm water on the Gulf, bike paths everywhere and great restaurants.  Actually, the restaurants may have been my downfall; I came back with an overabundance of fluid on-board and had to take lots of Lasix (water pills) to take it off.  I lost about 10 pounds in eleven days!  yikes.

Have also kept busy with other fun things....lunches with friends, forums at the Kennedy Library, birthday parties, Games Nights,  Museum of Fine Arts, and enjoying the grandchildren. I've also volunteered to take on writing publicity for United Church in Walpole. It keeps my creative juices flowing and is something I can do from home on my own time. So keep an eye out in the Walpole Times and Hometown Weekly!

That's it for now.  Have a Happy Spring and I'll check in later in May/June with another update.

Thanks again for all your prayers and concern. I can feel it and I appreciate it.

Cilla

5 comments:

  1. You are so strong and you are living sister!!!!!Don't ever give up....keep it going strong!!! lOVE, mARY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilla, I love this news. You are such a symbol of strength for us all.
    Love you and miss you. XO KATHLEEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear your updates. We look forward to celebrating with you on the 19th. Just between the two of us we do have the cutest grandson ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cilla, It is August as I write this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete