Friday, January 27, 2012

Focusing on the good stuff

First, here's my "bummer" news...just to get it off my chest. (bad pun)  I've had a bad cold/sinus infection, wicked cough, etc. all month....starting New Year's week-end! Have been to the doctor at least 3 times...so, now several antiobiotics, inhalers, steroids,codeine,lung fluid later....I have some kind of chest infection/asthma thing that has caused my doctor to cancel our Carribean cruise. So today I am feeling sorry for ourselves.. Steve is taking it very philosphically and feels it was inevitable.  I was still hopeful up until yesterday when Dr. Dusseault layed the hammer down.  So we're around this week and I"d love a call or visit. We can pretend we're on a cruise together! I was thinking of dressing in my summer clothes and visiting the Olde CountryBuffet to try to duplicate the cruise experience.  See, just writing this is making me in a better mood.

In the meantime, we had a wonderful Christmas with all the kids and everyone was healthy and happy. Went to the Disney on Ice show with Carrie, Sarah, Elizabeth and Charlotte and Carrie's mother in law Mary.  A fun girls afternoon out. Love figure skating! even the Disney variety... Had a fun New Year's week-end with Mary and Ron at Chatham First Night on the Cape. I didn't stay up until midnight (my cold had already kicked in) but we had a lot of laughs together.  We've been enjoying the Patriots march to the Superbowl, too. 

We are  excitedly waiting for our newest grandchild to make an appearance. Sarah's pregnancy is coming along nicely and she is due on March 7.   The winter has been mild and so I do have lots to be thankful and appreciative for.

Thanks for listening.  :)

Love, Cilla

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the cold/asthma/chest infection! I would be seriously feeling sorry for myself too if I had to cancel a nice warm cruise. Stay rested, get it under control and then reschedule the trip!! thinking about you and sending lots of good vibes your way.
    Jen Owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok to vent!!! We will see you tomorrow- let's make some frozen cocktails...mocktails for you & me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all the news lately about a certain cruise, maybe this was not such a horrible thing :) So sorry you had to change plans, mind if I stop by for a visit next week? Would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well enough for your crusie, but it is better to be here in the good old USA when sick. The Country Buffet sounds like a great idea......take photos and put on facebook.....love ya, linda tucker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cilla, was just thinking of you as I had "heard the news about the cancelled cruise" and was feeling badly for both of you too. Loved the good stuff though, and I will be over, shall I bring the bikini's and some sand??? Steve, don't worry, we won't make you wear one. See you next week Cilla, maybe I can bring an interesting lunch for both of you! Very exciting news that Sara's baby is nearly ready to arrive. Love, MargeO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. I know how excited you and Steve were to finally have a vacation after all you've been through. Hopefully, cold season and all the yuckiness will pass and you'll be cruising in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cilla,
    Bummer... I hope that sharing helps ease the unasked for change of plans. Right now I am taking a blogging course, and your blog just appeared on my account.! That must be the new google privay changes.
    Anyway, hugs and love from me to you. xoxo Susan Prindall

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cilla, You have been on my mind so much lately, I just had to check in and see how you are doing. I'm so sorry that you were not able to cruise in January, but you will no doubt enjoy a cruise so much more when you are feeling better. Case in point: we recently went to Chamonix, France for a ski vacation and I caught something in the 10 hour flight and ended up spending the entire week in bed with laryngitis and bronchitis!! In fact I am still sick and going back to the dr today! My immune system isn't what it used to be I guess:)LOL.
    If you are feeling up to it, lets do lunch next week. Maybe we can meet at Legacy Place?? I know you are about to become proud grandparents again so let me know if this timing works for you. Please say hi to Steve too!
    Cheryl (508)269-0100

    ReplyDelete
  9. A question how long does it take for antibiotics to work for sinus infection? many women ask themselves and unfortunately, yes. A sinus infection can be quite painful for a woman during pregnancy, even if she takes medication to alleviate the symptoms. Best over the counter medicine for sinus infection and sore throat visit for more information.

    ReplyDelete