Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hello dear friends,
This is Steve writing to you on Cilla's blog. I think many of you are aware of what has happened but for those  of you who live out of our area I need to inform you with great sadness that Cilla passed away on November 30.As she wrote in her blog entry on July 23 she and her doctors were concerned with not only her growing Amyloid count but with her kidneys as well.
You are aware that Cilla had to go in to the hospital in September. She seemed to recover from that but on the night of Novmber 20 she woke up complaining of stomach pain. That was quickly followed by heavy bleeding when she went to the bathroom. We rushed her in to the Emergency Room at Boston Medical Center where it was determined that she had come down with another blood infection.
Cilla was taken up to ICU shortly thereafter and for the next several days my family and I rode an emotional rollercoaster. After two days in ICU the microbe organism that was causing the bloood infection was identified and a new course of antibiotics was administered. At that time the doctors were pretty optimistic that once the infection was under control that Cilla's kidneys woud restore normal functionality. As the days wore on this proved not to be the case. Her kidney function quickly worsened to the point where even dialysis was not an option. On Wednesday the 28th we were told that there was no longer any hope.
My kids and and and some truly remarkable friends maintained a day and night vigil at her bedside. On the night of November 30, exhausted and sad, we left the hospital arounnd 7:30 PM.
At 11:15 I received a call from the hospital that Cilla had finally succombed. I was told that she died peacefully.
Cilla put up a truly amazing fight against her deadly disease and along with being one of the best human beings on the planet she proved to be one the greatest patients too. In her three year battle with Amyloidosis I seldom, if ever, heard her complain about her lot in life. To the end she maintained a positive and loving attitude and soaked up every minute of joy that she could.
Meeting, falling in love, and being married to Cilla were the greatest things that ever happened in my life. She nay be gone but the memories and her spirit live on.
Thank you for all the love and support that you gave to her.
Sincerely,
Steve

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info much.
    I was seeking this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    Review my blog; a healthy diet

    ReplyDelete
  2. If some one wants expert view concerning running a blog after that i recommend him/her to
    pay a quick visit this weblog, Keep up the fastidious job.


    my webpage Glutenintolleranz

    ReplyDelete